Sambal ulek. The word "sambal" is an Indonesian word referring to a sauce made primarily with chili peppers. "Oelek" (or olek or ulek) refers to a mortar and pestle. Hence, Sambal Oelek is Indonesian for a chili sauce ground with a mortar and pestle. A staple in Malaysian and Thai cooking.
Sambal is an Indonesian loan-word of Javanese origin (sambel). It is native to the cuisines of Indonesia, and popular in Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Brunei and Singapore. Sambal oelek is a simple spicy paste – mainly chili peppers, vinegar, and water – while gochujang has a rich fermented sweetness (our gochujang recipe uses miso) and harissa has a warm earthiness due to the use of spices like cumin, allspice, and nutmeg. You can cook Sambal ulek using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal ulek
- It’s 10 buah of cabe nerah cuci bersih.
- You need 5 buah of cabe rawit bila suka pedas.
- It’s 3 siung of bawang putih.
- It’s 3 siung of bawang merah.
- You need 1 bungkus of terasi ABC.
- You need secukupnya of Garam.
- Prepare secukupnya of Gula jawa.
- Prepare bila suka of Penyedap.
- You need 1 buah of tomat matang.
Read the labels on the chili pastes available and go as simple as possible to preserve. Indonesian Sambal Recipe – Indonesia's Sambal oelek also spelled "ulek" recognized by International audience as the spiciest sauce ever created in the world. The decision was made after polling held by CNN.com shown that Sambal Oelek Topped the list of the most spiciest food ever in the world. The person making the sambal uses the ulek-ulek by applying pressure and grinding in circular motions to mash the ingredients into a paste.
Sambal ulek step by step
- Yang di ulek : Cabe, bawang merah bawang putih, tomat, terasi.semua di ulek+garam. Jangan halus"ya nguleknya kalau kehalusan kurang sedep sambelnya.
- Panas kan wajan beri 4sdm minyak goreng sesudah panas masukan sambal, goreng sampai harum beri sedikit air lalu aduk dan jangan lupa kasih gula jawa dan penyedap sesudah matang angkat sajikan di mangkuk sambal..
While sambals can become quite complex, sambal oelek is the most basic — it's just crushed raw chili peppers frequently used as a base for making other types of sambal. Eggert Recommended for you Place chilies, vinegar, and salt in workbowl of a food processor. Sambal Ulek is an Indonesian savoury paste. One of the most common of Indonesian Sambals, it is relatively mild as Sambals go. It is made from fresh hot red chiles (chopped, but seeds left in them), ground to a paste.